Port of Dover Bursary Scheme open for 2016
Are you aged between 16 and 24? Live in Dover? Due to start a degree course in September 2016? Then this bursary scheme could provide you with valuable funding and potential career opportunities.
The Port of Dover is offering one bursary per year for students living in and around the Dover area. The aim of the Scheme is to encourage local students to take up study at University in a port-related field with a long term view of them gaining employment in the Port.
Examples of degree courses considered as port-related are
- Economics and Business Management BA Honours
- Civil Engineering BEng Honours
- Mechanical Engineering BEng Honours
- Marine Technology with Marine Engineering BEng Honours
The value of each award is equivalent to one term’s fees, to a maximum of £3,000, per academic year, subject to satisfactory progress.
The awards are for students who are:
- Aged between 16-24 years
- Living within the post code bands CT14 to CT17
- Entering full time study in September 2016
- Studying a relevant degree course
- Prepared to undertake a work placement with the Port during their study